|世博英语是一个公益性免费英语学习网站。自1999年成立以来，长期致力于在线英语教学，尽己之力助学进步。||设为首页 - 加入收藏|
|当前位置：网站首页 >> 世博原创课程 >> 世博高级课程 >> 谢振礼托福雅思写作 >> 谢振礼谈托福雅思写作 >> 谢振礼谈托福雅思写作【13】Education and Learning|
谢振礼谈托福雅思写作【13】Education and Learning
2010-10-19 21:54:27 来源：谢振礼
TOEFL-IELTS Writing: Education and Learning
by Mr. Jeenn Lee Hsieh
Here is a collection of altogether 50 writing topics about education and learning, as seen in previous tests of TOEFL and IELTS.
TOEFL Test of Written English
Writing topics about education and learning:
What do you think? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
1. Are classmates a more important influence than parents on a child's success in school?
2. Should children begin learning a foreigtn languae as soon as they start school?
3. Do you prefer to study alone or to study with a group of students?
4. Do you like classes where teachers lecture in class or where the students do some of the talking?
5. Do you prefer to study at home by using technology such as computers or television, or study at traditional schools?
6. Should high schools allow students to study the courses that students like to study?
7. Should all students be required to study art and music in secondary school?
8. Is it more important for students to study history and literature than to study science and mathematics?
9. Should people read only those books that are about real events, real people and established facts?
10. Do you prefer learning by doing things, or by reading about things, or listening to talk about things?
11. Do you believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends, or through personal experience?
12. Should university education be available to all students?
13. Do you prefer that universities require students to take classes in many subjects, or to specialize in one subject?
14. Do you think that grades (marks) encourage students to learn?
15. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students?
16. Do you think that students can learn better by themselves than with a teacher?
17. Do you think that university students should be required to attend classes or that going to classes should be optional for students?
18. Do you believe in knowledge gained from experience or in knowledge gained from books?
19. Why people decide to go to school? (For example, expanded knowledge, social awareness and enhanced interpersonal relationship.)
20. Do you prefer to go to a big university or a small university?
IELTS writing task 2
Writing topics about education and learning:
What do you think? To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. What are the causes of severe problems that schools have with student behavior?
2. May schools move from curriculum such subjects as art, sport and music? Discuss.
3. May schools drop from curriculum physical education? Discuss.
4. Is studying the English language in an English-speaking country the best way and the only way to learn the language?
5. What problems a student may have while going overseas for university study?
6. Should students get to know the culture and lifestyle in order to learn a new language well?
7. Can only formal examinations give a clear picture of students' true knowledge and ability at university level?
8. Is academic achievement at school or university the only true measure of a person's intelligence?
9. Should universities give only practical training that beneifts society without providing theoretical knowledge?
10. Should universities simply train students to do the jobs required by society and not concern themselves with broader issues?
11. Is education more and more important as the main force in the development of all countries?
12. Is edeucation the single most important factor in the development of a developing country?
13. Is too much testing unnecessary pressure on young learners?
14. Should examinations be abolished because children may suffer from too much stress?
15. Should all educational facilities be funded by the government?
16. Who should be responsible for children's education: the school or parents?
17. Is firm discipline a necessary part of teaching children?
18. Is punishment necessary to help children learn the distinction between right and wrong?
19. May it only produce dissatisfaction if people receive more education than they need to function in their jobs?
20. Do parents and family have more influence than teachers on a young person's learning and academic achievement?
21. Should teachers teach students how to judge right and wrong and how to behave well?
22. Are there benefits in going to private secondary schools?
23. Is education a lifelong task?
24. Should governments spend more money on education than on recreation and sport?
25. As reading is important for good education, should children be encouraged to read whatever appeals to them?
26. Should university students pay for all their tuition fees because university graduates receive higher salaries?
27. Will educating children of different abilities together benefit them better than teaching them separately?
28. Should sex education be stopped?
29. May children read comics?
30. Should governments place the same number of men and women in different fields of study in universities?
|关于世博 - 广告投放 - 版权说明 - 音频帮助|
版权所有 世博英语 www.360abc.com