|世博英语是一个公益性免费英语学习网站。自1999年成立以来，长期致力于在线英语教学，尽己之力助学进步。||设为首页 - 加入收藏|
|当前位置：网站首页 >> 世博原创课程 >> 世博高级课程 >> 谢振礼托福雅思写作 >> 谢振礼谈托福雅思写作 >> 谢振礼谈托福雅思写作【19】Internet Shopping|
2010-11-12 18:24:54 来源：谢振礼
TOEFL-IELTS Writing: Internet Shopping (and Paragraphs)
by Mr. Jeenn Lee Hsieh
A paragraph is a group of sentences, including a topic sentence. Good paragraphs begin with good topic sentences. The creation of an understandable paragraph requires unity (cohesion) and coherence (flow).
Internet shopping has become more popular in the last decade. Discuss causes and effects of this phenomenon.
An example outline:
Thesis: internet shopping
Structure: 4 paragraphs, each beginning with a topic sentence
Content: cohesion and coherence
Begin--1. Internet shopping is very easy. + supporting sentences
Continue--2. The practice has many benefits. + supporting sentences
Turn--3. The growth of internet buying has changed some people's lifestyles. + supporting sentences
Close--4. A drawback to internet shopping is lack of complete safety. + supporting sentences
Example: how to compose a paragraph? (about "water"--7 sentences, including the topic sentence)
--Topic sentence (about which other sentences are built in the same paragraph)
1. We ignore water as we ignore health.
--Supporting sentences (in the same paragraph)
2. We have seldom had to think about it.
3. It comes to our taps when called.
4. It drains away to somewhere else.
5. Most of us have been able to swim when we want, bathe when we choose, water our lawns, and let our children drink from fountains at school.
6. Like good health, we ignore water when we have it.
7. Also like health, when water is threatened, it's the only thing that matters.
Example: paragraph (about "sanitation")--altogether 6 sentences, including the topic sentence
1. The health of people is generally poor in this African town.
2. Nutrition is inadequate.
3. Malaria is endemic, and so are a host of debilitating parasitic diseases.
5. There is no hospital in the district, and the single clinic has no drugs.
6. People's immune systems are constantly under assault, making them susceptible to new infections.
|关于世博 - 广告投放 - 版权说明 - 音频帮助|
版权所有 世博英语 www.360abc.com